Black Bean Chocolate Brownies
Total Time: 25-30 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
Nutritional value per serving: 134 calories, 5 g protein, 3 g fiber, 6 g sugar
• 1 can (15.5 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained well
• 5 large eggs
• 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or unsalted butter
• 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
• ½ cup sugar, granulated
• 6 tablespoons dark baking cacao powder
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ¼ cup chocolate chips made with at least 60% cacao
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a food processor bowl, add beans, eggs, oil, and vanilla. Blend until liquified. Add sugar, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, and blend until smooth.
Spray a 9”x 9” square baking dish with non-stick spray, and spread mixture evenly in the dish.
Bake for 20–25 minutes or until center springs back when touched. Let cool completely before cutting.
Sprinkle chocolate chips on top before baking.
This high- and healthy fiber, high-protein, and gluten-free brownie will satisfy your sweet tooth. Cacao contains potent antioxidants, which promote health. Beans have cancer-fighting properties and are a good plant-based source of protein and fiber.