Pumpkin Pie Bites
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 35 (1" ball) servings
Nutritional value per serving: 78 calories, 2 g protein, 2 g fiber, 5 g sugar
• 4 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
• 1 cup plain pumpkin puree
• 3 cups dry oatmeal, uncooked
• ¾ cup almond butter or sunflower butter
• 1/3 cup raw honey or grade A maple syrup
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus additional for sprinkling
• 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
• 1 tablespoon wheat germ
• Store ground flaxseed and wheat germ in the refrigerator.
In a food processor, pulse dates until finely diced. Add remaining ingredients, and blend together until thoroughly mixed. Cover and chill dough in the refrigerator for 30–45 minutes.
Remove dough from the refrigerator, and roll into 1”- diameter balls. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of balls. Serve or store in an airtight container, and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
A portable fall and winter energy-boosting snack filled with warming spices. Pumpkin is a rich source of beta-carotene. Flaxseed provides a boost of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids.