Zesty Lemon Bites
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 10 (1-ball) servings
Nutritional value per serving: 67 calories, 1 g protein, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar
- ½ cup dry oats (quick or rolled)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon grade A maple syrup
- 2–3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed from 1 medium lemon
- ¼ teaspoon organic lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or ginger paste
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
Add all ingredients to a food processor, and blend together until thoroughly mixed. Transfer dough to a bowl and knead. Cover, and chill dough in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Remove dough from the refrigerator, and roll into 1”-diameter balls. Serve or place in an airtight container, and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
This is an easy-to-make, calorie-dense, and energy-boosting, small-bite snack. The coconut oil contains lauric acid, which is easily digested and used quickly for energy. Lemons contain citrus flavonoids, which are most concentrated in the peel. Adding spices like fresh ginger and turmeric boosts your anti-inflammatory intake.